Monument Valley Park
Since March 29, 1907 when General William Jackson Palmer created the park that defines the western edge of the downtown, the citizens of Colorado Springs have enjoyed its beauty, tranquility and amenities. At that time, the park encompassed 165 acres with 5.74 acres of lakes and 8.7 miles of graveled walks. The flood of 1935 destroyed many of the park features. Since then, the Works Progress Administration and the City Parks Department have worked to restore some of the functional and aesthetic amenities of the park.
The Friends of Monument Valley Park was formed to advocate for the restoration, protection, and enhancement of the park. The group was organized in 2000 and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit. The FMVP welcomes volunteers. Please join to support its activities. For more information, go to. Link – Friends of Monument Valley Park